The purpose of the NHF Hawaii Chapter's Financial Assistance Program (FAP) is to provide financial support to members of our community in our continuing effort to improve the quality of life of individuals and families affected by bleeding disorders.
The Hawaii Chapter provides financial support, based on availability of funding, to help defray the costs of:
- Expenses incurred in the care, treatment, or prevention of a bleeding disorder;
- Health Insurance Premiums;
- Emergency Transportation services to HTC's;
- Basic Living expense emergencies (rent, mortgage, utilities, etc)
- Other related expenses determined to be appropriate by the NHF Hawaii
Applicants for financial assistance will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of the Hawaiian Islands and/or receive treatment from the local Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) in Kapiolani. Residents outside of Hawaii will not be eligible and should contact their local chapter for assistance.
- Be a parent or caregiver of a minor child who lives in your home and who has a diagnosis of a bleeding disorder OR be an individual diagnosed with a bleeding disorder.
- Complete the Financial Assistance Application and meet the financial need requirements of the Financial Assistance Program policy.
- NHF Hawaii recommends requesting assistance from at least two (2) other agencies before applying to NHF Hawaii for funding. Applicants may contact the Hawaii Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) for guidance to other assistance agencies. Please provide any relevant contact information for those agencies and the status of your requests.
Requests for financial assistance shall be reviewed and approved or disapproved by the Financial Assistance Application Committee. Financial assistance depends on the availability of funds and applicant eligibility. Funding is not guaranteed. Applicants should allow at least 14 business days for NHF Hawaii to process their request.
Before applying, please read and review the NHF Hawaii Financial Assistance Program guidelines and policy before submitting your application.
MEDICAL ID BRACELET - FREE
NHF Hawaii Chapter will provide, at no cost to the individual, a free medical identification bracelet, if your application is received on or before December 9, 2016!